Grant Application Guidelines
We can fund only those organizations with Canada Revenue Agency charitable registration.
Our geographic focus is Calgary and area.
We support agencies providing services to people living in the Calgary region, and may consider supporting Calgary-based charities providing services elsewhere.
We do not provide funding for conferences or for research.
We want to make grants that will show the greatest possible impact for our relatively small pool of funds.
A contribution from us must be critical to your success, and the impact of our grant must be measurable.
We normally give preference to organizations with operating budgets below $2 million/year.
We typically make grants in the $5,000 – $20,000 range.
We typically do not make grants to the same organization more than once per calendar year.
We typically do not grant operating dollars in consecutive years.
Areas of Interest
Funding requests must fall under one of the following categories:
• Indigenous Peoples
• People with Diverse Abilities
• New Canadians
• Other Underserved Communities
• Mental and Physical Health
Animals and the Environment
• Wildlife Rehabilitation and Environmental Conservation
• Ethical Farming Practices
• Animal Rescues and Shelters
- Accepting Friday, March 1, 2024
- Closing Sunday, March 31, 2024
- Decision Announced Wednesday, May 1, 2024